Welcome to the San Juan 21 Association Web Site!
Check it out!
Looking for the 2016 San Juan 21 North American Championship?
Plan to head to Brooks, Alberta, just east of Calgary next summer! The event will take place the weekend of July 7 - 10, 2016, hosted by Glenmore Sailing Club and SJ21 Fleet 28 of Calgary. The event website is now up at https://sj21northamericans2016.wordpress.com ... more info on this site on the Events page.
This just in ... The 2016 San Juan 21 Eastern Championship!
The Osprey Yacht Club located in Albermarle Plantation, Hertford, NC will be hosting the 2016 Eastern Championship on October 5-9, 2016. The location is on the beautiful Albermarle Sound in Northeastern North Carolina (between Edenton and Elizabeth City). Click here for more information.
Gene Adams at the 2009 Western Nationals
Many of you know (or have heard) of Gene Adams. Gene is a long-time Fleet 1 member and, up until a couple of years ago, was a major parts dealer for SJ boats of all sizes. I started sailing about 8 or 9 years ago, hooked up with Gene at a regatta in Seattle, and have been crewing with him ever since, although we didn't get out much the last couple of years due to his health.
Gene passed away earlier this week (Tuesday April 19th) having battled lung issues (as well as other health issues) for a number of months. He was one of the kindest, most patient people I've ever known, and was a great friend to me and many others in the sailing community both here and across the country. He had great stories about his many sailing adventures with the fleet and all over Puget Sound (he had owned larger boats as well) and was always willing to express his views on sailing strategy, boat maintenance and rigging, etc. in a kind and helpful way. His smile and demeanor were highly infectious and his enthusiasm for sailing made a huge difference in my life.
All of us here in Seattle are saddened by his passing. I will miss him terribly.
- What's new in the forum? Check it out!
- SJ 21 Class Association Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
We are now posting the minutes of the regular Class Association Executive Committee meetings - check them out!
- 2014 Midwest Region Regattas
Live in the midwest? Be sure to check out these events with San Juan 21 participation in that part of the country!
- Constitution & By-Laws - New 2013 Versions
- Want to know what the other fleets have going on? Check out the Fleets page and click the calendar icon next to the fleet!
- Past National Events Results
- Results of the 2015 North American Championships.
- Results of the 2014 North American Championships.
- Results of the 2013 North American Championships.
- Results of the 2012 North American Championships.
- Results of the 2011 North American Championships.
- Results of the 2014 Eastern National Championships.
- Results of the 2015 Western National Championships.
- Results of the 2013 Western National Championships.
- Results of the 2011 Western National Championships.
San Juan 21 sailors are among the most active sailors in North America. Twenty-ones can be found on the rivers of the Midwest, on the lakes from Calgary, Alberta south to Texas, the coastal mountains, lakes, and shores of both the Pacific and Atlantic.
Three regions now make up the Association: West, Midwest, and East. Each represent well in Regional Championships held each year — and in the North American Championship which rotates through each region on a three year cycle and brings together San Juan 21 sailors from across the nation!
Thanks for finding us here on the internet. If you sail or own a San Juan 21 we want you to join us in the association. The Resources button above will take you to additonal web resources for our Class and related web pages!